Monday, April 1, 2013

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Fifty-One

 
 
I'm an idiot. I just realized today I never announced the winner of 55 Word Challenge. So here goes.
 
Honorable Mentions:
 
@nickjohns999: Love the sci fi feel to this story.
 
@bookwormattack: I am wondering what was in the pocket. You've set me up now... I want more.
 
@DavidALudwig: Love the promise this story holds. Everyone has a dream worth working towards.
 
Winner:
@Angelique_Rider:  I like the buildup. You know something is about to happen.
 
Gloaming

“Daddy, look! A swing!”

Small feet patter through the leaves, followed by a larger set.

“Push me!”

The chains squeak noisily.

“This swing hurts my legs.”

Rough gouges ring the edges of the seat.

“Want to get off now…”

The movement slows, then stops.

“Daddy….”

Eyes of fire and sharp-toothed mouth engulf the swing.

Silence.
 
Thank you everyone for entering. Forgive the delay and see you in just a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment