Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Fifty-Four


I seem to be getting late and later, announcing the winners. I would like to say it will get better, but I fear that might be a lie. Things have been busy at the Hollar house. My daughter, Sarah, graduates in a few weeks… and for some reason that means a lot of extra running. She has a Senior project due next week and a lot of time is being put into that. She chose animation for her career option and is animating a cartoon and a game, along with needing 10 hours of mentoring from someone that actually does animation. In Lima… not. Thank God for the internet. And my son is going through a phase, I will call it bratitis. Coupled with his growing spurt, he has been a handful lately. At the moment he is sleeping, so SHHHHH!


Ok, here are the results.

Honorable Mentions:

@LupusAnthropos: MONSTER HOUSE! Loved it. I wonder if the house burped and if there are some kids watching… from a safe distance of course.

@postupak: I loved this. It kind of reminded me of True Lies, except wife knew her husband’s past… but is it his past? Can one actually marry out of the mafia? I think his precautions may be warrented.

@bullishink: I am reminded of a song: Be Careful Little Eyes What You See.


Winner:
@JMwandering:

This story reminded me of a story I read a long time ago. I can't remember the name of it, but I loved it. Trapped in a mirror. A lot of things can be done with that.


Title: Snap
Author: J.M. Mendur

It’s stupid, something every photographer does sooner or later. Aim your camera at the mirror and shoot. Most of the time, it’s cliché but harmless.

Unless you’re using my great aunt Julia’s antique mirror, the one with the jade frame and the odd inscription.

I hope someone breaks the mirror and lets me out soon.

~~
55 words, not including title and author lines

twitter Handle: @JMwandering

Prompt used: the camera lens with the mirror image lettering



Thank you all! Look forward to seeing you again in just a few short hours. Wow. I really am late.




No comments:

Post a Comment